We are proud of the accomplishments of our graduates and our current students. The above chart indicates that a degree from our department has prepared students for a variety of career tracks. BCMB is a challenging major requiring a significant commitment of time and effort.
The Biology major combined with the BCMB curriculum is designed to prepare you for a wide spectrum of career opportunities. Also see this guide for some additional ideas about career options for BCMB majors. To help you further explore these opportunities and seek employment in a field of interest a number of resources are provided below. These resources are monitored routinely and new items are added on an ongoing basis so please be sure to check back from time to time.
Career Services should be your first stop for all things career related. Their S.T.E.P. Model can help you plan a career. They provide tips on writing a resume or navigating successfully a job interview. Looking for a job or internship, they provide the relevant tools, particularly Hire-A-Vol, an online job and internship database available to UT students and alumni.
General Career Development and Job Hunting Sites
- AAAS Science Careers Page
- AccessExcellence—Biotechnology Careers
- Bio Career Center
- Bio Space
- Conservation Job Board
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- Environmental Jobs and Careers
- Jobs in Biomedical Research
- Minority Environmental Leadership Development Initiative
- National Academy of Sciences career planning guide
- National Institutes of Health—Career Exploration
- Science Jobs.org
- Sloan Career Conerstone Center—Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Career Planning
- The Scientist Magazine—Science careers